At Mitra, we are developing a skin longevity platform to enable development of therapeutics for the skin starting with skin aging. We believe skin aging and UV damage is a disease that can be reversed. We are using the power of next-generation sequencing, clinical-studies, and state-of-the-art data science to guide the design of anti-aging compounds effectively.
Mitra bio is an early-stage start-up backed by Illumina and the University of Oxford
There will be ample opportunity for growth in this role as the company expands with generous share options.
1. Conduct experimental work on a variety of scientific projects
2. Independently follow SOP (protocols, MSOP and ASOP)
3. Independent troubleshooting of experiment
4. Independently design and test target panels for sequencing
5. Keep accurate laboratory records
6. Participation in general laboratory meetings .
7. Assist with the technical support activities in the R&D group
Mitra is a disruptive, dynamic, and fun start-up committed to discovery and development of next generation skin diagnostic tools. We have large amount of epigenetics data financed by Illumina and we need an exceptional scientist like you to develop targeted panels for optimal diagnosis accuracy. Working closely with our Bioinformatics and engineering team, you will develop tests for biomarker candidates as well as improve next-generation library preparation techniques for minimal nucleic acid input. You will develop and experiment with state-of-the art technology and will have plenty of opportunities to publish your work in high impact factor journals.
1. A PhD or equivalent experience in a Life Sciences, genomics, or related discipline
2. Experience in an active research laboratory or equivalent industrial experience
3. Experience in Illumina / Nanopore platforms set-up as well as interpretation of data. Experience with Digital PCR is a plus
4. Experience of construction of libraries for next generation sequencing; experience with target panel design is a plus
5. Laboratory experience in epigenetics, gene expression studies and analysis is required.
6.Isothermal amplification or molecular microbiology is a plus
7. Demonstrate ownership of activities and responsibilities
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
9. Ability to report and communicate concisely ideas and concepts
10. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with an interdisciplinary group
Please send your CV and cover letter to Cristiana (firstname.lastname@example.org)apply